Speak and write in fluent English and French.
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Powerpoint.
Quick Learner, Mature, Responsible, Able to Operate Under Pressure, Efficient, Detail-oriented and Punctual.
Worked for 3 years in a restaurant as a busgirl. Would sometimes help in the front.
Worked abroad for a summer in gardening. Would do lots of team work.
Working at Palais des Congrès as a hostess.
LaSalle College 2014 - 2017
- Responsible Tourism: We learned about protected areas, World Heritage Sites, UNESCO, Ecotourism, UNWTO and the Global Code of Ethics, Tourism and its undesirable effects, Alternative forms of Tourism, The Amazon Rainforest and Green Hotels.
- Cultural and Touristic Attractions: Learnt attractions of Canada & USA, Caribbean & South America/Central America, Europe & United Kingdom, Africa & The Middle East, Asia & The South Pacific.
- Marketing: Strategy, Promotion & Research. We learnt PESTLE, SWOT Analysis, Products & Services, Mission & Vision, Location & Community Analysis, Primary Competitor Analysis, Market Potential Analysis, Services, Positioning, Segmentation (Market Segmentation, Target Markets), Marketing Objectives, 8 P's (Product, Price, Place, People, Partnership, Programming, Promotion, Packaging), SEO, Budget, Control & Evaluation, Situation Analysis, Trends, Distribution, Advertising, Pricing, Quality and Services, The Industry, The Client, The Agencies, IMC & Medias, Branding, Logos & Magazine Ad, Print Media, Broadcast Media, Online Media, Media Planning, Public Relations, Websites & Blogs and how to create a Marketing Plan.
- Accounting & Financing: We learned GST, PST, Journals, Balance Sheet, Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Cash Flow Budget, Vertical Analysis, Horizontal Analysis, Pricing, Income Statement, Break-even Point, Break-even Analysis, Financial Statements and Fixed Variables.
- Creation of Packages: We learned how to create group packages, Tailor made Tours, FIT packages, All Inclusive Packages, Supply & Demand, Events, Event Planning, ITC Calculations, Hotel Contracts, and Excursions.
- Tourism & Careers: We learnt about the different types of products and the big name chains that are offered in the tourism industry, such as: Cruises, Hotels, Flights, Trains, Trends & Predictions, Tourism Jobs, Associations, Entrepreneurship, Comparisons, Tourism Vocabulary (Words used in the hotel, cruise and flight companies), Emerging Products, Sun Destinations, Specialized Tours, Terms & Conditions, Insurance and Local Products.
- Professional Relationships in Tourism: We learned on how to act professionally in the industry, such as The seven steps of hospitality, The five attitudes, Communication in general, Non-verbal communication (Body Language) and Protocols of business and different types of cultures.
- Distribution & Reservation Networks/Systems: We learned different types of reservation systems such as such as Siber and Applo and I'm able to manage PC Voyage and Galileo.