LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is part of the LCI Education Network, which is present on five continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures with which it works.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world-class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
Are you a self-starter? Willing to take calculated risks in the pursuit of growth? If so, this might be the role for you! The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge; consistently meets, or exceeds expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Dean of Academics, LaSalle College Vancouver, this person is responsible for the management, development and growth of E-Learning programs offered by LCV through iLaSalle.com.
Responsibilities include: day-to-day operations, liaison with iLaSalle in Montreal, student scheduling, assisting students toward successful program completion, leading College and industry committees related to E-Learning programs, and staffing the E-Learning courses with instructors who support the mission of the College. The E-Learning Specialist is also responsible for supporting the development of new E-Learning programs including working with the Dean of Academics on regulatory approvals for new programs. This person is also responsible to ensure that all programs remain current. The E-Learning Specialist supports student life and learning through advocacy for E-Learning students, academic coaching, customer service, campus and community referrals and institutional outreach. The E-Learning Specialist works closely with all campus departments to support student success and retention endeavours.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Principal academic officer responsible for all concerns related to the E-Learning offerings
- Work with the Dean of Academics and Subject Matter Experts to develop new E-Learning programs
- Drive program expansion by identifying and executing strategic initiatives that leverage current industry trends, improve the quality of the student experience, and expand program reach
- Co-responsible with the Dean of Academics to maintain regulatory compliance for E-Learning programs
- Maintain direct contact with E-Learning student advisees. This includes meeting (physically or via Skype) with individual as well as small groups of online students on an ongoing basis to build rapport, identify barriers to success, set goals and develop action plans for academic success and student persistence
- Provide proactive and timely outreach, referrals and intervention with student population through a variety of communication methods
- Develop and document processes, programs, activities or workshops to support E-Learning student cohorts
- Provide ongoing progress reports and analysis
- Work with Academic and Admissions team to understand, monitor and convey all aspects of curriculum, sequencing, academic status, registration and college policies and procedures for online students
- Work closely with Academic team members regarding curriculum updates, scheduling, student concerns and needs. Collaborate with faculty regarding student concerns, student progress and course content
- Support curricular and co-curricular involvement through referral, participation and advertisement of available opportunities to on-ground and online students. Participate in new student orientation programs
- Participate and support all key departmental operations including tracking statistics, proper file documentation, departmental meetings, strategic planning and program assessment. Understand and monitor institutional benchmarks and support all retention endeavours
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Dean of Academics
- Dean of Students
- Director of Admissions
- Academic Department Directors
- Student Financial Advisors
- Student Career Advisors
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Fine Arts, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
- One to three years’ experience working in an academic role, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
- Preferred Requirements: Understand current trends in E-Learning and digital learning within higher education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty, staff and student populations
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- Understand open-ended questioning, non-verbal communication and active listening
- Understand how to read and interpret reports and data
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Interact effectively and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen and positively respond to student and co-worker requests.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in the application of college policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple, sometimes competing, priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- To anticipate and appropriately respond to issues and challenges.
- To deal with ambiguity and to successfully meet deadlines.
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you, or a member of your network, are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunity, please submit a Word compatible cover letter, including your salary expectations, and resume by no later than January 22, 2018.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.