LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the Student Services department.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine administrative duties including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, preparing agenda packages, generating calendar invitations, completing room bookings and recording and transcribing meeting minutes, etc.
- Provide Reception coverage
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming and professional manner and direct them to their proper destination
- Respond to written, telephone and in-person inquiries from prospective students, as required
- Follow through on action items and track completion
- Track spending and submit expense reports
- Participate in special projects and campus events including, but not limited to, New Student Orientation, etc.
- Act as a liaison for the Student Services department and other departments when necessary
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Dean of Students
- College Leadership Team
- Key Managers
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration or Business
- 1 years’ experience providing administrative support
- Previous experience in a student environment would be an asset
- Experience in Higher Education would be an asset
- Must have a flexible schedule that allows the incumbent to work 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on a daily basis
- MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and comfortable utilizing a variety of IT systems including, but not limited to, an intranet, databases, etc.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Effective team and partnering skills
- Mathematical skills to a sufficient level to support budgeting, forecasting and working with numbers
Abilities and Attributes:
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you, or a member of your network, are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunity, please submit your cover letter, including your salary expectations, and a WORD compatible resume to us by no later than February 16, 2018.
While we thank all applicants for their interest only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.