Records Assistant – Registrar’s Office (Temporary Maternity Leave of Absence Contract - Up To 12 Months)
LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Registrar, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Registrar’s Office by maintaining paper based and electronic academic files on behalf of new, continuing and former students, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain paper based and electronic academic records on behalf of new, continuing and former students, etc.
- Process student documentation requests, and release information in accordance with the established policies, procedures and practices of the Registrar’s Office
- Find and retrieve information from paper based and electronic academic records in response to requests from authorized users
- Provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and external inquiries at the Registrar Office window, and over the telephone
- Assist with the uploading of paper based and electronic academic records to Datawitness within the prescribed timeframe
- Assist with file audits and related purging of documents in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Archive paper based academic files and send to an off-site storage facility
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Key Managers
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Minimum 1 year of related experience working in an office environment and in a similar role
- Experience in Higher Education would be an asset
- Requires a flexible schedule that can accommodate changes in hours of work during quarter starts or in support of special projects, etc.
- Basic MS Office skills including Excel and comfortable utilizing a variety of IT systems including, but not limited to, an intranet, databases, etc.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Effective team and partnering skills
Abilities and Attributes:
- Comply with regulatory requirements as it pertains to academic records and other documentation
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
- Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stand and/or walk for when filing or when picking up and/or delivering printed materials throughout the campus
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you, or a member of your network, are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunity, please submit your cover letter, including your salary expectations, and a WORD compatible resume to us by no later than March 19, 2018.
While we thank all applicants for their interest only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.