Manager of Student Services
LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge; consistently meets, or exceeds expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude.
Reporting to the President, LaSalle College Vancouver, the incumbent is responsible for all student success, student retention and student experience initiatives.
This person will oversee the implementation of programs and to assist students in pursuit of their educational and professional goals. Specifically, this position will be responsible for coordination of disabilities services, student conduct, student activities and programs, student clubs, student and academic advising, library services, new student orientation, job fairs, portfolio shows, housing, special events and referrals to the Student Assistance Program.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a culture of responsiveness to student feedback
- Provide co-curricular student experiences which lead to increased student engagement and satisfaction
- Ensure proper student supports are in place for student success including wellness initiatives
- Lead an effective student services team with a customer centric philosophy
- Ensure quality and affordable student housing options
- Recognize and provide for diverse and cultural engagement opportunities
- Ensure regular student satisfaction surveys are administered followed by action plans to address concerns
- Implement a robust student retention plan
- Manage all aspects of the Career Services which may include alumni engagement
- Provide leadership to student advising
- Oversee the operations of the library
- Responsible for a team of advisor to oversee student issues and concerns around registration and scheduling
- Organize and facilitate convocation ceremonies
- Organize and facilitate student events such orientation and portfolio shows
- Ensure current and relevant student policies are in place including, but not limited to, student conduct, plagiarism, harassment, grievance, etc.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Student Services personnel at LCI Education Network
- College Leadership Team
- Academic staff
- Student Services team
- Employee and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Masters’ degree in related field is preferred but a combination of a Bachelor and relevant experience will be considered
- 3 or more years’ relevant experience in academic leadership
- Fiscal and personnel management experience
- Knowledge of current student services trends and services
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Action and results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Strong leadership, effective team and partnering skills
- Mathematical skills to a sufficient level to support budgeting, forecasting and working with numbers
Abilities and Attributes:
- Initiate, design, implement and maintain systems, projects and programs
- Lead a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Contribute to the development and execution of a strategic plan
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.