Chief Academic Officer
LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on five continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures with which it works.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
We are seeking a visionary and progressive Academic Champion for our organization. The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge; consistently meets, or exceeds expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude.
Reporting to the President, LaSalle College Vancouver, this person is the key person responsible for all program offerings, teacher qualifications, and quality curriculum and educational experiences.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Key leadership and vision for academic program offerings that align with the College’s vision
- Development of a multi-year enrollment plan
- Clear accountability measures for all academic staff and faculty
- Relevant and dynamic curriculum development
- Faculty teaching skill development
- Assessment of enrolment and program trends
- Regulatory compliance [PM1]
- Other duties/ responsibilities as needed.
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Members of the College Leadership Team, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Student Services
- Director of Admissions
- Academic Advisors
- Masters degree in related field with a Doctorate preferred
- Five or more years experience in academic leadership
- Fiscal and personnel management experience
- Knowledge of the Post-Secondary Regulatory requirements in British Columbia
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with range of populations.
- Exceptional Change Management Skills
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong computer software skills.
- Self-starter and results orientated.
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and a growth mindset.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation and writing skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; effective team and partnering skills; and, an entrepreneurial mindset.
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to actively listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others.
- Ability to pay attention to details in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems, projects and programs
- To contribute to the development and execution of a strategic plan.
- To analyse data and trends.
- To interact effectively and work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including Executive Committee members.
- To initiate and lead projects.
- To anticipate and appropriately respond to issues and challenges.
- To adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities.
- To deal with ambiguity and to successfully meet deadlines.
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.