LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing general maintenance tasks that contribute to the general appearance/upkeep of our different campuses.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks as it relates to HVAC, electric, light plumbing issues, carpentry, painting, plastering and other minor repairs
- Troubleshoots HVAC and electrical problems, as required
- Alerts the Facilities Lead to issues that require attention in order to provide a safe, secure and clean environment for students and task
- Receive, review and respond to Facility Ticket requests and resolve the related issues in accordance with the SLA of the Facilities department
- Maintain accurate and detailed work logs, work orders and files
- Assist with the set-up and take down in anticipation of campus events
- Schedule repairs and general maintenance and provide supervision and/or support to outside tradespeople and vendors, as required
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Facilities Aide
- Facilities Lead and Program Director, Interior Design
- College Leadership Team
- Key Managers
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
Key Job Requirements:
- Certificate or diploma in a related field
- 2 to 4 years related experience
- Working knowledge of construction and commercial British Columbia building codes and building permit requirements
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, preferably a pickup truck
- Flexible schedule that accommodates working outside of regular business hours to support campus events or respond to emergency situations (occasional)
- Experience in Higher Education buildings would be an asset
- MS Office skills including Excel and comfortable utilizing a variety of IT systems including, but not limited to, an intranet, databases, etc.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Mathematical skills to a sufficient level to support working with numbers
Abilities and Attributes:
- Strap on a toolbelt and execute minor repairs or painting and plastering, etc. collaboratively
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
- Frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally life up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to bend, stand and/or walk for lengthy periods of time and to move office furniture, as required
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.