The LCI Education network is seeking a Director for our Montreal Language Center to join our growing team. Reporting to the general director, the Language Center director will be responsible for overall management of the school’s daily operations, such as development, coaching, quality control and customer service.
The Languages Across Borders (LAB) Montréal center is located in Montreal, the largest bilingual city in Canada. Founded in 1997, it is an integral part of the LCI Education network. LAB Montréal, LaSalle College and Inter-Dec College share a modern campus in the heart of Montreal, one of the most lively and affordable cities in Canada. LAB Montréal specializes in French and English classes accredited by Languages Canada and also offers a wide variety of part-time classes in international languages.
- Create and implement action plans for the school based on the strategic plan and assess the outcome;
- Direct daily operations in order to promote and optimize efficacy and efficiency;
- Manage human resources processes for your team (talent acquisition, new employee onboarding, supervision, performance management, coaching, development, etc.);
- Ensure school functions smoothly while maintaining and respecting high standards of customer satisfaction;
- Plan and manage financial resources allocated to school;
- Oversee the overall quality of training;
- Continually analyze your school’s programs, particularly enrollment, re-enrollment, and completion rates;
- Track the competition and implement actions to favorably position the school;
- Be responsible for promotion and student recruitment activities for the school in collaboration with LCI Education marketing and admissions departments;
- Manage special cases for teachers working for the school;
- Manage special cases for students following institutional policies;
- Ensure all problems or disputes related to service offers are resolved;
- Actively ensure that study programs and activities follow the required standards;
- Manage the human and material resources required to provide teaching and management activities for students and ensure these activities run smoothly;
- Participate in regular meetings with Global Admissions Department staff and ensure that the school’s procedures and needs are clearly communicated.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration paired with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of and great interest in the field of education, particularly languages;
- Bilingual (French and English), in both speech and writing;
- Excellent writing skills.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, innovative, dynamic and an effective change agent. They must demonstrate a highly-developed sense of community service and teamwork, as well as excellent communication skills.