Present today on 5 continents, the LCI Education network consists of 23 select higher education institutions, and some 3,000 employees offering instruction to over 17,000 students throughout the world each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the vice president of operations, the payroll systems and HRIS manager will be in charge of managing all forms of compensation and will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all payroll systems, as well as ensuring that all processes fulfill any requirements set out by various regulatory bodies. The incumbent will coordinate the implementation and operation of the integrated human resources and payroll system provided through our partner Ceridian-Dayforce and will equally be responsible for processing payroll for all staff in Montréal and Laval.
As the payroll systems and HRIS manager, your main duties will include:
- Acting as project manager to oversee the transition to the new HRIS payroll system in Montréal;
- Managing, integrating, establishing and maintaining human resources databases to ensure proper data integrity and security;
- Serving as a liaison between our payroll partner and our local payroll managers every two weeks to represent more than 800 employees;
- Taking responsibility for developing and maintaining the payroll system to ensure compliance with LCI ’s policies, payroll practices and collective agreements;
- Coordinating and implementing any changes to the payroll system by collaborating with the service provider and other internal partners (Finance, HR) to facilitate the timely and accurate deployment of any policies and collective agreements, as well as any improvements to the system;
- Managing the payroll system to ensure compliance with LCI ’s compensation and employee benefit policies, as well as comprehensively keeping track of any changes to LCI’s management structure and movement of staff;
- Developing and/or clarifying interface characteristics related to other systems, as needed.
- Coordinating interface projects with the IT department and/or system suppliers. Evaluating and establishing interfaces;
- Managing several payroll modules (employee benefits, time and attendance, work flow, etc.), resolving any technical issues and responding to any questions that employees may have on the subject;
- Developing, configuring and drafting any official and special reports for LCI ’s senior management;
- Advising colleagues, employees and management about human resources data administration to ensure their integrity and that they fulfill any requirements set out by the corresponding regulatory bodies.
- Applying your payroll and systems expertise to provide advice on ways to reconcile LCI’s data management and accommodate LCI’s needs;
- Overseeing compliance with income tax, pension and employee benefit legislations. Staying up-to-date with and researching any applicable laws to make recommendations to management about any necessary steps that need to be taken in order to continue meeting compliance requirements;
- Contributing to the development of the payroll service environment in its new form;
- Supervising our supplier as they manage the entire end-of-year payroll process, review tax statements and issue summaries, RL-1 slips and salary declarations;
- Ensuring that all procedures related to payroll, contact creation and employee records follow a standardized format;
- Supporting any process improvement initiatives and fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Establishing and maintaining healthy and effective working relationships with both internal and external suppliers and business partners;
- Staying on top of the country ’s legislation as it relates to payroll and employee benefit compliance standards; implementing and monitoring them (as needed);
- Ensuring adequate communication with various levels of government as it relates to payroll and preparing the necessary remittances to government agencies in different provinces (CSST, WSIB, EHT in Ontario, etc.);
- Ensuring that all communication with internal partners about payroll management, effective changes or any other subject related to compensation is clear and accurate;
- Ensuring that the information recorded on casual employee time sheets has been approved by a supervisor;
- Calculating and processing any retroactive adjustments to salaries and employee benefits;
- Overseeing payments, withdrawals and direct deposits to ensure that payment transfers to external agencies, departments and insurance companies are carried out correctly;
- Looking after accounts receivable from employees and ensuring that all outstanding payments are made.
- Calculating all merit pay increases, variable pay rates, lump-sum payments, pension contributions, as well as accrued salaries and severance pay;
- Preparing unpaid leave and reconciliation estimates every quarter;
- Verifying information on all T4 slips before they are issued by the service provider, performing any payroll adjustments as necessary, filing statements of income for all non-Canadian employees working abroad;
- Carrying out all other related tasks.
- Technical accounting skills or experience in human resource management or an equivalent qualification (compensation);
- University studies in industrial relations, human resource management or administration (an asset);
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification (an asset);
- Familiar with the Ceridian payroll system (an asset);
- Bilingual (French-English);
- Excellent ability to identify and manage priorities while respecting deadlines;
- Very effective communicator;
- Identify as a self-starter and demonstrate independence;
- Capable of thriving within an ever-changing environment;
- Ability to treat all information as confidential and handle it in a professional manner.
- International organization established for more than 50 years ago;
- Constantly growing business;
- Philosophy of participative management;
- On the lookout for new technologies;
- Access to an international network;
- Opportunities for advancement;
- Group insurance;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Daycare in the workplace;
- Health and Wellness Program.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
We support an affirmative action program and invite visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
Note that adaptation measures can be offered to people with disabilities according to their needs. We invite you to make such demands, if appropriate