Administrative Assistant II - Admissions
LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the Admissions Department.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine administrative duties including preparing agenda packages, generating calendar invitations, completing room bookings and recording and transcribing meeting minutes
- Lead the preparation of Open House events, including but not limited to, room bookings, instructor communications, food and beverage orders, staffing, facilities and tech setup, agenda, and other duties, as required
- Perform enrollment processing duties for Jewellery and E-Learning students – generating contracts, uploading documents into Clara and maintaining hard copy student files
- Support ADAs in the collection of admissions documents including Enrollment Agreements, English proof, transcripts, and other documents, as required
- Support ADAs in the arranging of Accuplacer testing for remote and local students, and proctoring of tests, as required
- Create Letter of Acceptance documents, as required
- Ensure all Admissions documents are accurately scanned and uploaded to student files in Clara
- Perform the clearing of holds for continuing students
- Liaise with Registrar’s Office, Student Services, and Enrollment Processor during open registration on a quarterly basis for arrangement of facilities and tech setup, ADA scheduling, creation of quarterly Orientation and Registration Letter, and other duties to ensure a smooth process for new students
- Respond to written, telephone and in-person enquiries from prospective students, as required
- Follow through on action items and track completion
- Enter data into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and run reports
- Maintain weekly work schedule on behalf of the Admissions Team
- Track spending and submit expense reports
- Maintain and order supplies
- Participate in special projects and campus events including, but not limited to, Open Houses, New Student Orientation, etc.
- Provide Main Reception coverage, as required
- Act as a liaison for the Admission department and other departments when necessary
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Admissions
- College Leadership Team
- Key Managers
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration or Business
- 3 to 4 years’ progressive experience providing administrative support
- Previous experience in an admissions or student recruitment environment would be an asset
- Experience in Higher Education would be an asset
- MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and comfortable utilizing a variety of IT systems including, but not limited to, an intranet, databases, etc.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Effective team and partnering skills
- Mathematical skills to a sufficient level to support budgeting, forecasting and working with numbers
Abilities and Attributes:
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.