Fashion Design - LCI Barcelona
Bronze Award at China International Ecological Fashion Design Contest 2017
- Who are you? Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Clara Corominas, I am 22 years old and I am a fashion designer specializing in pattern design by LCI Barcelona. I am currently taking a Postgraduate Degree in Footwear Design at the same school.
I have always had an adventurous spirit and a desire to face new challenges. Getting started in fashion has been one of them and I would say that it has been the most beautiful, rewarding and demanding adventure of all.
- Considering everything you have learned at LCI Barcelona, what would you highlight?
The quality of teaching, thanks to the excellent teaching staff I have had throughout these past four years. I am fortunate enough to continue learning from them in my postgraduate degree.
- How has LCI Barcelona helped you meet the challenges of the professional world?
They have prepared me in the best possible way. The frenzied pace of work done over the course of the four years (not just in the university subjects, but also in the practical training and final project) has made me capable of facing the challenges of the professional world with energy, passion and positivity in my profession.
- What characteristics do you think a new designer must have to start a successful career?
Passion and love for the profession and never lose the desire to learn from this world and the people who are with you along the way.
- What would you advise students who are now studying Fashion Design?
I would tell them to be attentive in all the classes, in all the subjects, even if they think that what they are doing will not help them or they are not interested. You never have enough knowledge and you never know when you will need that information.
- What does creativity mean to you?
It is a way of expressing the inner world of each person, without limitations or prejudices. The beauty of creativity is seeing the diversity of inner worlds and thoughts.