A passionate, hardworking and enthusiastic fashion designer, with considerable skills in the design and construction process of the fashion industry. CAD, Computer Aided Design has become a genuine strength of mine whilst working on design specifications for several brands in the UK and abroad.
Highly skilled in designing both apparel and Textiles using free hand, photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
Print Designer/Internship (Barcelona)
01/10/15 – Current
• Present design ideas to the creative director
• Working as part of the team on presenting a collection for ‘PURE” S/S- A/W and other trade fairs.
• Print Design for Fashion Apparel & Roundie rugs for the beach
• Technical Drawings working with suppliers in Portugal
• Sample garments, patterns and sewing.
Design Assistant (Barcelona)
10/03/15 – Current - PT
• Womenswear and Accessories
• Trend Research, Maintaining and updating stock records using Excel
• Working with suppliers in India, creating Design Specs using CAD
• Pattern Cutting and Toile samples
• Assist in artwork and sketching development
01/02/13 – 30/05/2013
• Close working relationship with suppliers
• Quality control with new stock
• Trend Research
• Adapting existing designs for mass production
26/10/12 – 30/01/2013
• Womenswear and Millinery
• Textile samples and development
• Trend/colour development through technology & Textiles
• Creating innovative silhouettes and finishes
• Setting up showrooms and preparting garments for style reviews
• Organising and assisting in Barcelona Fashion Week, back stage with dressing and organising models.
DONALD CAMPBELL - Design Assistant (London)
01/05/08 – 12/04/09
• Managing the design and production process within the studio
• Liaise with customers and the designer in the studio and on the shop floor
• Management of stock, fabric sourcing from from woven to knitwear.
• Creative & complex pattern cutting
• prototypes of tailored garments.
• Daily deadlines on dockets and patterns
AQUA now known as AQ/AQ
05/04/06 – 28/09/06
• Cutting edge, contemporary, trend-based designs with quality, diversity and innovation.
• Range planning and developing
• Trend prediction
Masters in Fashion Design
Men & Womenswear, Childrenswear, accessories, shoes, illustration & working drawings
2015 – 2015 FD MODA/Felicidades Dulce Barcelona
Level 2 Graphic Design and Typography
Illustration, Prints, Photography, Book/CD covers
2008 – 2010 Hull College/University Hull, East Yorkshire
Ba Honours Degree In Fashion Design
Colour, Fabric & Trend Development, Range Planning, Creative Pattern Interpretation, Fashion Business Studies & Marketing
2005 – 2007 University College For The Creative Arts Kent, Rochester
Foundation Degree In Fashion and Theatre Costume Interpretation
Technical Pattern Cutting, Construction Development, Millinery & Accessories, Life Drawing, illustration Development & Business Production
2003 – 2005 Hull College/University Hull, East Yorkshire
Premios y distinciones
UCCA, First Class Honours Degree in Fashion Design & Textiles
Whilst studying at UCCA, Rochester University. My collection was chosen to be exhibited at Graduate Fashion Week, London. It was also selected to represent the university in Japan, Milan and Tokyo, along with my portfolio of technical drawings.