LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is part of the LCI Education Network, which is present on five continents and has 24 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures with which it works.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that seek to respond to professional market demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world-class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge, consistently meets, or exceeds, expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the incumbent provides academic leadership for the Interior Design diploma and degree programs. The Program Director must have a deep ownership of all aspects of their programs, exemplifying and communicating a strong vision for success to all stakeholders. LCV is committed to providing students with Canada’s best educational experience and the Program Director must display an unwavering commitment to this goal.
The Program Director’s primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: leading curricular and pedagogic development, managing day-to-day operations; faculty hiring and management; program budget; scheduling; assisting students towards successful program completion; participating in academic and industry committees; and maintaining quality and relevance of program curriculum. He/she also participates in activities that promote the stature of the department and LaSalle College Vancouver and abides by the mandates set by the Board of Directors, the President and the College Leadership Team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise and work with faculty to develop innovative programs that deliver Canada’s best educational experience, take an interdisciplinary approach, and prepare students for workplace readiness. Lead program review and renewal processes through an informed market and industry analysis perspective.
- Assure that programmatic institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes assessment is conducted and that the results of the assessment lead to meaningful instructional development through regular input from faculty, industry, and academic leadership at the College.
- Provide academic leadership in selecting, training, developing, and managing faculty through a faculty development review processes (that entails, development planning, classroom observation, mentoring, scheduling, and maintaining instructional quality).
- Work with Student Services and other departments within the institute to support student success related to attendance, classroom performance, progression, and time to graduation through proactive initiatives and processes.
- Provide input into planning and implementation of annual budget including personnel, program expenses, efficient scheduling practices, and infrastructure supports.
- Positively represent programs and institution at internal and external events; actively promote the program(s) to all stakeholders and establish academic pathways for students.
- Maintain records and documents of all vital program information.
- Develop and implement a personal professional development plan and remain current within the discipline.
- Serve on College committees as required.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Masters’ degree in related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years related and increasingly responsible experience in education or industry
- Project management experience and skills
- Fiscal and personnel management experience and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Action and results oriented
- Strong leadership, effective team and partnering skills
Abilities and Attributes:
- Work collaboratively with individuals and within systems
- Build effective and productive relationships with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Contribute to the execution of a strategic plan
- Analyze data and trends
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of confidentiality
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.