Director of Finance and Administration
Present today on 5 continents, the LCI Education network consists of 23 select higher education institutions, and some 3000 employees offering instruction to over 17,000 students throughout the world each year in several fields of study, including: Fashion, arts and design; Beauty; VFX and video games; Social sciences and education; Business and technologies; Hotel management and tourism, etc.
We are expanding, both in Canada and internationally, and are on the lookout for high potential, talented individuals who want to work and grow in a dynamic and stimulating environment where no two days are alike!
We are looking for a Director of Finance and Administration to assist our Montreal and Vancouver finance teams and help grow our network.
- Act as the strategic partner to the Vice-President of Finance Canada to guide corporate strategy and priorities while building value;
- Actively participate in the development of the finance department’s business strategies in terms of both operational and administrative management (performance objectives, performance indicators, strategic priorities, and the financial budget) to ensure growth through best practices;
- Manage and supervise the Montreal and Vancouver accounting and finance departments;
- Manage all activities and resources related to accounting, finance, and financial reporting for the Montreal and Vancouver entities;
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the tax functions of his or her sector, taking all angles into account;
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, budgets, and reports and ensure their timely coordination;
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain all necessary standards, policies, and procedures related to capital and operating expenses;
- Develop the KPI report and make recommendations to executive members to support corporate strategy and assist in business, investment, and operational decision-making;
- Ensure that overall performance and growth objectives are set;
- Structure managerial operations to optimize the effectiveness of accounting processes, produce financial information in a timely manner, and ensure compliance;
- Design and implement effective management tools, policies and procedures, and accurate control systems that meet company needs;
- Ensure the commitment and mobilization of employees in his or her department and act as an agent of change for the entire company;
- Guarantee the integrity and sound financial management of the company;
- Ensure that the rigour of his or her team’s work and the information transmitted respect expected quality standards.
- Assist the CEO and CFO in special projects.
- An undergraduate university degree with accreditation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is required;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as a manager in a complex multi-entity environment;
- A good command of the Microsoft Office Suite and excellent knowledge in the use of information systems;
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex and diverse problems;
- Demonstrated ability to create and deploy a financial strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and structure projects;
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate the operational side of business into financial and strategic reports;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of quality in the reports and analyses produced by his or her team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to work effectively in an evolving company;
- Management experience with a strong ability to motivate employees and help them develop;
- Excellent organizational skills with a high-priority focus.
The individual selected must be structured and efficient. In his or her role as CFO, the successful candidate must be results-oriented and comfortable with team management, interpersonal communications, negotiation, and collaborative work with his or her various clients.
- International company, established over 60 years ago;
- Steadily growing network;
- Workplace daycare;
- Regular (permanent) full-time position, 40 hours per week;
- Group insurance;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Company located in downtown Montreal.
Note that only candidates who will be considered will be contacted.