C++, C#, Python, UML, HTML5, CSS
KWSE Engine: Custom C++ Game Engine Mar 2020 – Present
• Structured an engine in layering order to describe framework layer, engine layer and application layer.
• Applied support for rendering graphics using Direcr3D11.
• Implemented rendering pipeline for post-processing.
• Created a model loader with model loading and skeletal animations.
• Integrated third-party libraries including DirectXTK, ImGui.
• Created a custom artificial intelligence library for Finite State Machine, pathfinding algorithms, perception, and steering behaviours.
• Designed a memory allocator system to avoid memory fragmentation and run allocation and deallocation with constant time.
COVID Status Dashboard: HTML/CSS, C# Mar 2021 – Jun 2021
• Applied Model View Controller pattern to manage to communicate between front-end and web service back-end.
• Utilized COVID-19 Canada Open Data Working Group API (https://opencovid.ca/api) to retrieve real-time stats including reported cases and vaccine status.
Shader projects: 3D shader projects, Custom Engine/C++ Mar2021 – Jun2021
Sun & Earth: Shader demo project to showcase different shader techniques.
• Applied Phong lighting, normal mapping, specular mapping, weight adjustable displacement mapping, and night mode effects for the earth.
• Applied alpha blending for clouds around the earth.
• Implemented the bloom effect and Gaussian blur filter on the sun.
Hot Air Balloon Festival: It is a project where I try to apply different effects to a scene at the same time.
• Utilized animation framework to control the hot air balloon movements.
• Applied shadow mapping to receive shadow from objects and cast dynamically to the terrain.
• Implemented post-processing effects including Mosaic, Heat Map and Oil Painting.
Loco-Locomotive: 2D Coop Action Game, Unity/C# Mar 2020 – Mar 2021
Support up to four players, must defend a moving railway locomotive from alien attacks by coordinating on various tasks.
• Implemented enemy AI using finite-state machines and steering behaviours.
• Worked with art, audio, design, and other programmers to make sure everything is functioning as expected in the game.
• Participated in weekly meetups with team members to discuss work progress, new feature design, and report on bug fix status.
City Life: 2D AI Project, Custom Engine/C++ Mar 2020 – Jun 2020
It is a project that I created to showcase different pathfinding algorithms.
• Created a data-driven tilemap that can be edit, resize, saved, and loaded.
• Implemented algorithms including BFS, DFS, Dijkstra’s, and heuristic scoring customizable A* including Diagonal, Euclidean and Manhattan Distance.
Deep-Sea: 2D AI Project, Custom Engine/C++ Jan 2020 – Mar 2020
It is a project to simulate the movement between a stingray and a shoal of fish in water.
• Implemented the Arrive behaviour for the stingray.
• Implemented the Wandering, Hiding, Separation, Cohesion and Alignment behaviours for the shoal of fish.
Yo-Zombie: Top-down 2D Shooter, Custom Engine/C++ Oct 2019 – Dec 2019
A single-player survival game where the main character must defend from enemy attacks with different weapons and skills.
• Implemented a polymorphic system for weapons and enemies.
• Applied the object pool pattern for enemy and bullet spawning.
• Structured the game flow using the State design pattern.
Bachelor of Science in Game Programming, Oct 2018 – Jun 2021