Reporting to the President and forming part of the senior leadership team for LCI Melbourne and Languages Across Borders the key focus of the role will be to develop and implement a growth strategic and tactical business development plan that ensures attraction, recruitment and retention of students.
The role will be instrumental in collaborative working, engaging with a wide range of key stakeholders to ensure the organisations’ targets are effectively set and delivered. Targets for student recruitment for LCI Melbourne are domestic and international with Languages Across Borders recruiting primarily international students through onshore and offshore agents.
Close collaboration with our Canadian head office is essential with the potential of international travel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop fresh and innovative strategies to raise the profile and performance of the organisation;
- Develop, revise and agree student recruitment targets to achieve overall admissions targets;
- Understand and account for trends and changes in the macro and micro environment;
- Engender and develop a culture of marketing and communications excellence across the organisation;
- Work with the marketing team to deliver and implement a fully costed marketing plan;
- Ensure an annual calendar is developed and communicated for all recurring marketing and admissions events and communications;
- Plan and manage ongoing communications to key and industry stakeholders, alumni and students through the production of newsletters and other media communications;
- Ensure the profile of the organisation is high through effective use of social media and the website;
- Deliver effective competitor analysis for all areas of the discipline areas of the organisation;
- Act as brand guardian and ensure that all materials produced are consistent with the brand;
- Build relationships with external businesses and networking organisations through events, personal visits and representing the organisation at relevant forums and expos.
- Lead all activity in respect of student recruitment;
- Ensure quality and timely enquiry handling through CRM system and produce weekly student number reports;
- Take a data-led approach, using all available performance data through our systems, to continually update the organisations’ recruitment and admissions policies and procedures;
- Ensure potential leads, visits, events and student registrations are up to date in CRM;
- Ensure that the Admissions team are efficient and diligent in processing student leads and applications, reviewing and following up in a timely manner, plus the closure of unproductive enquiries;
- Establish a ‘first point of contact’ structure within Admissions for each set of prospective students;
- Ensure Admissions team provide a high standard of service to potential students, encouraging personal contact through face to face meetings;
- Establish successful strategies for recruitment of students in all revenue streams in the year.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Essential Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in building, managing and motivating cross functional high performing teams;
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and able to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved, whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- Capacity to use strategic thinking;
- Experience in monitoring competitor market activity;
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and data analysis;
- Strong record of providing strategies to increase sales in a competitive market;
- Experience in initiating, leading and managing projects to deliver strategic objectives;
- Proficient communicator, both written and oral with excellent attention to detail;
- Commercially aware and results driven with good business acumen;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to different tasks at hand.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in sales and marketing
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have knowledge and experience working in the higher education sector;
- 7-10 years experience in a sales/marketing role with demonstrated success in growing sales in a competitive market;
- Experience of working with CRM systems and integration with the sales life cycle
- Strong understanding and experience in using digital and social media trends and tools to influence the sales life cycle
- Ability to communicate a well-developed strategy and vision for social and digital media campaigns
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing strategies