Career Services Advisor
LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network, which is present on five continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures with which it works.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world-class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Director of Student Services, the incumbent is responsible for assisting students in finding part-time employment and graduates in obtaining gainful employment that this is applicable to their field of study within six months of graduation. He/she also participates in the planning, organization and execution of on campus and off campus events.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist students in gaining meaningful employment that is applicable to their field of study
- Work one on one with students to enable self-assessment of their passions, strengths and development opportunities as it pertains to their career goals
- Coach students on career search strategies, personal marketing, interview techniques, self-promotion methods and materials
- Assist with resume development
- Provide advice, guidance and counseling to address barriers to success
- Plan and conduct marketing calls and educate prospective employers on curriculum and competitive compensation
- Plan and conduct employer on campus and off campus visits
- Network, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with alumni, faculty, industry and other prospective employers to develop job leads
- Request employer and faculty feedback and research industry trends
- Provide status updates to aid in the development/enhancement of curriculum and to ensure successful career outcomes for graduates
- Participate in the planning, organization and execution of on and off campus events including, but not limited to, Career Fairs, the Quarterly Portfolio Show and convocation
- Data mine job boards, company websites and social media sites to identify potential career opportunities
- Serve as an advocate for students/graduates in the job search process, including salary negotiation
- Maintain graduate files as it pertains to employment and
- Track placements and share success stories
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Student Services
- College Leadership Team
- Key Managers
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- High School diploma with Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Commercial Art or related field
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a placement/search firm, career counseling or industry related position, plus at least 1 years’ experience in Marketing or related field
- Understand current employment trends in industry
- Experience in Higher Education would be an asset
- MS Office skills and comfortable utilizing a variety of IT systems including, but not limited to, an intranet, databases, etc.
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Abilities and Attributes:
- Work collaboratively
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully met deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.