Commercial/Sales Director for LAB Melbourne
Languages Across Borders (LAB Melbourne) is a NEAS quality endorsed ELICOS school on Collins St in the CBD. We run accredited General, Specialist and Test-preparation Language courses for International students. We form a language training organisation which aspires to provide high quality learning outcomes for students within a caring and supportive learning environment.
LAB is a proud member of the LCI Education Network which is present today on 5 continents, the LCI Education network has 23 higher education campuses and some 3,000 employees who train, each year, more than 17,000 students around the world. From one country to another, LCI Education favors the harmonisation of its programs, which allows greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services and a deeper respect towards the various cultures.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and metrics driven environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong achiever mindset and is motivated by ambitious goals.
The Director of Sales is responsible for motivating and leading a team of advisors representing the major student markets for LAB Melbourne. Reporting to the Vice President of Admissions, the Director of Sales is responsible for developing and operationalising comprehensive and strategic marketing and sales strategies cognizant of target market identification and penetration, competition, country specific and global opportunities, targeted messaging and aligned tactics such as: pricing, advertising, promotions and events, that support the achievement of student recruitment activities within LAB.
Career Level: Director/Senior Management (head of department)
Job Category: Sales/Admissions
Position Type: Full Time with expected travel
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a nimble and creative action plan to increase enrolment in the language school
- Build strong business relationships with agencies and negotiate all major contracts (in conjunction with the Academic Director, LCI Education employees and the Vice President)
- Represent the school at major events and with VIP agents both domestically and internationally, to develop relationships and grow diverse country enrolment
- Oversee agent relations and communications and foster strong onshore agent relations that produce results
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to continuously improve processes and the branding positioning of LAB both within the domestic and international market
- Develop metrics by country to achieve and monitor performance on an ongoing basis. Maintain records to track and follow-up on potential leads
- Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to provide data, for feedback and staff motivation
- Motivates a team of advisors to achieve targets and ensure admission advisors are trained in exemplary sales and relationship development techniques
- Maintain an understanding of competitive offerings and the market to recommend revision of program offerings and launch of new ones
- Provide guidance and direction into the social media campaigns for the language school
- Strategize, develop and maintains price and promotion details
- Drive the development and production of effective marketing materials and communication tools (web, pamphlets, etc.)
- Vice President, Admissions
- President, LCI Melbourne
- LCI Marketing and Global Admissions team
- Academic Director/PEO of LAB
- Admissions and marketing staff of LAB
- Experience working at a Director level, or senior management role in a fast-paced company
- Strong understanding of executive and senior leadership functions and day to day operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or Business supplemented by relevant and meaningful work experience in a related field.
- Previous experience working in a growth orientated ELICOS sales environment with a demonstrated record of achievement.
- An understanding of working in global markets (within the language school sector an asset)
Abilities and Attributes
- Demonstrated leadership capability as a senior leader within an organisation
- Can-do attitude; team builder and team player
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Possesses superior verbal, written and listening skills; a skilled communicator
- Works independently, and effectively, under pressure and without supervision
- Proven skills in cross-cultural communication and understanding
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive relationship with international, local and internal clients and partners;
- Aptitude to be a disciplined leader and ability to take initiative, as required.
- Experience working with international recruitment agents (an asset)
- Excellent tact and diplomacy skills
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
- Command of a second language is an asset (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Japanese or Mandarin)
- Experience with CRM (Microsoft Dynamics, an asset)
- Availability to work evenings and weekends in order to participate in events or to communicate with people in different time zones
- The candidate must be able to travel abroad when required
Ensure you are aware of and adhere to legislation and policy relevant to the duties undertaken, including: ESOS (Educational Services for Overseas Students) Act; Equal Employment Opportunity, supporting equity and fairness; Occupational Health and Safety, supporting a safe workplace; Conflict of Interest (including Conflict of Interest in Research); Australian Competition and Consumer legislation, particularly in regard to Anti-Competitive Behaviour; Paid Outside Work; Privacy; Research Conduct; and Staff/Student Relationships.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however due to the high volume of resume's we receive, we will only be reaching out to those selected to go forward in the interview process.