Present today on 5 continents, the LCI Education network consists of 23 select higher education institutions, and some 3000 employees offering instruction to over 17,000 students throughout the world each year in several fields of study, including: Fashion, arts and design; Beauty; VFX and video games; Social sciences and education; Business and technologies; Hotel management and tourism, etc.
The LCI Education network is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the Vice president of IT, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and ensuring implementation of project execution activities.
- Monitor processes for controlling project execution based on PMP and Agile standards;
- Establish schedules and monitor on all project execution activities;
- Identify risks and establish appropriate mitigation actions;
- Re-evaluate processes to optimize them;
- Communicate the status, risks and other non-technical project perspectives to technical teams and management;
- Plan and supervise delivery, installation and start-up activities;
- Provide guidance to Junior Project Managers;
- Work closely with the IT Director on prioritizing projects and optimizing processes;
- Work closely with the Development, BI, BPM and Architecture teams to plan resources effectively;
- Waterfall PMP: Define the objectives and benefits of the Project (Charter Project), establish a detailed plan and follow up, project review meeting (progress VS plan, risks, costs).
- Collaborate with business units to help plan, control and execute each project phase and activity based on best practices.
- University diploma in IT, marketing or any other related field;
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience as a project manager in the IT industry;
- Bilingual in spoken and written French and English;
- Fluent in Spanish (an asset);
- Technical knowledge, with understanding of or practical experience with IT infrastructure, software development or web-based technologies;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project and Visio;
- PMP certification (an asset);
- Familiar with Agile methodology (an asset).
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well-developed critical thinking to recommend process changes;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Must be a team player;
- Able to easily vouch for different projects;
- Committed to earning and maintaining certifications (PMP, PgMP, Scrum Master, ITIL, etc.).
- International company, established over 60 years ago;
- Steadily growing network;
- Workplace daycare;
- Regular (permanent) full-time position, 40 hours per week;
- Group insurance;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Company located in downtown Montreal.
Note that only candidates who will be considered will be contacted.