Building Operations Supervisor
Now present on 5 continents, LCI Education network has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 3,000 employees who train more than 17,000 students worldwide each year in several fields of study including: Fashion, Arts and Design; Beauty; VFX and video games; Humanities and Social Sciences; Management and Technologies; Hotel Management and Tourism, etc.
Building Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of technicians in the provision of preventive and corrective maintenance services for the maintenance and technical management of our building. He is responsible for supervising the execution of activities performed by technicians to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with established processes and practices. As well as to make sure all is in compliance with all internal and external requirements, including, environmental and occupational health and safety. Building Operations Supervisor will report to the Property Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and monitor the activities and performance of the technicians within the assigned facility;
- Supervise the application, execution of processes and practices to ensure that all Code and standard requirements of the various government authorities are met and complied with;
- Execute monitoring of regular inspections of our facilities: equipment, mechanical, electrical systems;
- Provide preventive and corrective maintenance to meet facility uptime objectives while maintaining the continuity and integrity of customer operations and facilities;
- Oversee the maintenance of work order records in the Service Management Database;
- Coordinate and contributes to the implementation of the preventive maintenance program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, noted and prioritized, and ensures that related documents are kept up to date;
- Maintains and respects service contracts related to the real estate operations of the Complex;
- Ensure the maintenance of all assigned tools and provides for repair or replacement as required;
- Participates in and supports training, safety meetings, operational meetings, safety discussions;
- Contributes to tenant and client satisfaction while maintaining positive relationships by ensuring that work is done, and services are delivered;
- Performs other assigned duties.
TEAM MANAGEMENT :
· Leading a team of individual contributors;
· Assign tasks, set priorities and monitor progress;
· Monitor Activity and Performance Execution (KPI) to ensure timely completion of work and compliance with all requirements, including operating procedures and practices, quality, performance and response requirements;
· Mentor and train direct colleagues;
· Contribute to performance evaluation.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in operations and maintenance of facilities;
- High school diploma and trade school training and certificate or license;
- Experience in team management (asset);
- Bilingualism in English and French (written and spoken);
- Advanced knowledge of building mechanical and electrical equipment and systems;
- Ability to work shifts, be on call and be available to respond to emergency situations;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills related to building equipment, mechanical and electrical systems;
- Ability to perform work safely (OHS);
- Strong sense of sustainable development;
- Excellent sense of customer service and application of the concept of urgency;
- Ability to communicate to ensure the transfer, exchange, feedback and clarification of data;
- Stationary Engineer Licence Class 4 B (An asset); knowledge of Octopus.
- International company established for more than 60 years;
- A constantly growing organization with a strong international presence;
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Group insurance;
- Retirement saving plan;
- Health and Wellness Program;
- Daycare in the workplace;
- Free yoga;
- 80 hours of training;
- Company located in downtown Montreal.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
We support an affirmative action program and invite visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
Note that adaptation measures can be offered to people with disabilities according to their needs. We invite you to make such demands if appropriate.