LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and changing environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the incumbent is responsible for performing all Accounts Payable related functions in compliance with the accepted accounting policies and practices of LaSalle College Vancouver.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Process invoices, expense reports and cheque requests
- Follow up on any missing documentation and ensuring that they are submitted for processing in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain both electronic and paper based Accounts Payable files
- Prepare account entries and generate supporting documentation
- Provide exceptional customer service and build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, the employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver, vendors, etc.
- Follow up and respond to inquiries and/or questions in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in consultation with the Director of Finance
- Support the Director of Finance in the preparation of financial statements by performing account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and completing financial analyst related tasks, as requested
- Participate in all phases of the year-end close and annual audit
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- May provide coverage at the Finance window
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Finance
- College Leadership Team
- Key Managers
- Finance team
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Diploma in Financial Management or Accounting
- Minimum 1 year transactional accounting experience
- Previous experience utilizing a variety of financial and/or accounting related software packages
- Experience in Higher Education would be an asset
- Strong Excel skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial software programs
- Superior organizational and prioritization skill
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Effective team and partnering skills
- Mathematical skills to a sufficient level to support the preparation of financial statements or when performing account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and/or completing financial analyst related tasks
Abilities and Attributes:
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental requirements as they apply to Finance
- Present information
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These key attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and are resilient.