Lead Product Owner
Now present on 5 continents, LCI Education network has 23 post-secondary campuses and approximately 3,000 employees who train more than 17,000 students worldwide each year in several fields of study including: Fashion, Arts and Design; Beauty; VFX and video games; Humanities and Social Sciences; Management and Technologies; Hotel Management and Tourism, etc.
We are looking for a Lead Product Owner to join our close-knit and amazingly talented product team. The ideal candidate is skilled at synthesizing qualitative and quantitative inputs from multiple sources. They are a smart and deliberate decision maker, with a passion for creating superior products. They know how to negotiate a win-win scenario with key stakeholders despite common resource and timeline pressures. They can get things done and can drive the development of new product features from vision to successful launch. They can be a coach and mentor to their team of product owners and integrators as well as a contributing leader to the community of practice.
As a key member of our product team you will:
- Manage a team of product owners responsible for key products within our roadmap;
- You will own two major products within our product roadmap;
- Continuously work with our campuses to understand the problems they are trying to solve;
- Be the voice of user-centricity;
- Support management in implementing best practices for operational excellence within your craft;
- Work with internal customers (campus marketing, admissions, IT) and ensure their insights contribute to product decisions;
- Create meaningful signals from our metrics and use them to inform our decisions;
- Work with the development team to write stories, plan, and manage sprint work;
- Communicate new product releases to internal and external customers;
- Act as a coach and mentor to the product community of practice.
- 5- 7 years experience as a Product owner/manager;
- Experience in managing a team of Product owners;
- Desire to expand and enrich the product owner profession within the company;
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to persuade and galvanize others behind the product and your vision;
- Deep empathy towards customers;
- Ability to build and deliver on a value-driven roadmap for complex products;
- Analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset, with an unending desire to continue learning
- Develop strong opinions about your products but can be easily switch course when data or qualitative research tell you otherwise;
- A deep desire to coach and mentor product owners to better their craft;
- Solid project management skills;
- Ability to rally different stakeholders and resources around an idea, a roadmap or a course of action;
- Experience working in an agile dev environment;
- Experience working with Site Core an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Knowledge of Spanish an asset.
- International company established for more than 60 years;
- A constantly growing organization with a strong international presence;
- Opportunities for professional development;
- Group insurance;
- Retirement saving plan;
- Health and Wellness Program;
- Daycare in the workplace;
- Free yoga;
- 80 hours of training;
- Company located in downtown Montreal.